Guests include stars from Back to the Future!
As Denver Pop Culture Con 2019 nears, celebrity guests have started to be revealed, many of which are sure to delight film/TV buffs and readers alike.
Formerly known as Denver Comic Con prior to a trademark battle, the convention will take place from May 31 to June 2 at the Colorado Convention Center.
Christopher Lloyd and Tom Wilson, who played Emmett “Doc” Brown and Biff Tannen in the cult classic Back to the Future, are just two of the many guests to be announced so far. It remains to be seen whether more of the film’s stars will join the list.
Courtesy of Facebook
If you’ve been binge-watching the Netflix series The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, you’ll be happy to know that Michelle Gomez will also make an appearance. You may also know her from Doctor Who. Or, if early 2000s teen superhero dramas are more your speed, you can look forward to guest Tom Welling, who played the lead in the hit television series Smallville.
Other film and TV guests, so far, include:
- Victor Garber from DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
- Patrick Warburton from The Tick and Seinfeld
- Jim Beaver from Supernatural
- Ming-Na Wen from Marvel’s Agents of the S.H.I.E.L.D and Mulan
- Benedict Wong from Dr. Strange
And comic book fans have these illustrators and writers to look forward to:
- Allen Bellman, artist for “Captain America” and others
- Afua Richardson, illustrator for “Black Panther World of Wakanda,” “X-Men ’92,” and more
- Andy Mangels, writer for “Wonder Woman ’77 Meets the Bionic Woman.”
- Steve Orlando, author of “The Unexpected,” who also wrote for Batman, Supergirl, and others.
Courtesy of Facebook
A handful of authors were also announced, including the following:
- David Slaven, satirical writer who regularly contributed to “All Things Considered” and author of “Young Dick Cheney: Great American”
- Cindi Williams Chima, young adult fantasy novelist, who wrote the “Heir Chronicles” and “Seven Realms” series
- Terri Libenson, author and cartoonist, who wrote “Invisible Emmie” and “Positively Izzie”
- Colleen Oakes, local Denver author, who wrote “The Elly in Bloom Series” and “The Wendy Darling Saga.”
Advance tickets are available through February 28, and a three-day adult pass costs $82.50. Child passes are $8.25, and there are also single-day passes available. Autographs and photo ops cost extra. For more ticket information, click here.
Will you be attending Denver’s Pop Culture Con this year? Let us know in the comments below, and tell us which celebrity guest you’re the most excited for!