I’m almost positive you are unaware of what I am about to say. Read on to discover some truly weird Denver facts.
Colorado contributes to more than what you think. Being a native and a local, I found some of what I’m about to tell you frightening and interesting. Colorado has a surprising history that will either leave you proud, or some you may keep secret. Here are the weird Denver facts you must know!
1.Denver is home to the very first famous Chipotle burrito. To the rest of the United States, you’re welcome for bringing you happiness.
2. The population in Denver has more than DOUBLED since 1960. No wonder you can’t get anywhere on 1-25. (We’re looking at YOU, California)
3. Colfax Avenue is the longest continual road in Colorado. (26 miles long to be exact).
4. Bob Dylan lived at 1336 East 17th Ave. in Denver for just a little bit of time.
5. The first permanent standing building in Denver was in fact a saloon. Apparently, that was more important than a hospital or a house.
6. The National Western Stock Show is the largest rodeo in the world, and yeeeeehaw! It’s in Denver.
7. Denver was ranked the healthiest state for pets by Purina. No wonder Colorado has a love for our pooches!
8. The iconic blue mustang outside of D.I.A. is rumored to be cursed! Right before Luis Jimenez finished the sculpture, a piece of the 9,000 pound sculpture fell on his leg and killed him. It is now known as “Bluecifer” and “Devil Horse”. Spooky! Click HERE to learn more.
9. There are more marijuana dispensaries in Colorado than there are Starbucks.
10. Due to the hold up and slowing of trains in 1902, police at Denver Union Station started enforcing a “no kissing” rule.
Now you know the weird Denver facts. Next time you’re at a party and don’t know a single soul, you can mention one of these fun facts. You’re welcome for the great conversation starters.