There are some strange and surprising things illegal in Colorado
Our state has some pretty great laws that have even caused a large amount of people to move to Colorado. What these transplants, and maybe even some natives, don’t know are some of the strange and unthinkable things that are illegal in Colorado.
- It is unlawful to throw missiles at cars
- One must obtain a license to own a dog over three months of age
- Catapults may not be fired at buildings.
- It is unlawful to challenge a police officer, but only until he or she asks you to stop
- It is illegal to allow ones llama to graze on city property
- It is illegal to bring your horse or pack mule above the ground floor of any building
- It is unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next door neighbor
- You may not drive a black car on Sundays
- It is prohibited to mistreat rats in Denver
- It is unlawful to go out in public dressed in clothes “unbecoming” on one’s sex
- It is agasint the law to have weeds in your yard
- It is illegal to have a broken down car on private property of public right-of-ways
- It is illegal for a man to kiss a woman while she is asleep
- Residents may not own chickens, but may own up to three turkeys
- It is against the law to let a dandelion grow within the city limits
- Cats may not run loose without having been fitted with a tail-light (I’m not even sure what this is supposed to mean…)
- It is illegal to crash into obstacles on a ski slope
- No one may keep junk close to someone else
- You will have to pay a fine if you let someone park less than two feet away from you.
- It is illegal to get lost while operating a car between 9pm-4am
- It is against the law for a work crew to be sent in more than 1 vehicle in any residential district.